Visit the museums of Cagliari
Between exhibitions, museums, art galleries and tunnels, Cagliari offers many interesting opportunities for tourists in search of art and culture.
Most of the museums of Cagliari are currently housed in the premises of the modern museum known as the Citadel of Museums, in the Castello district. In this modern complex of buildings, built in the 70s on the area that housed the Royal Arsenal (Arsenale proceeds from the old Savoy, on which stood the citadel Spanish), are: the National Archaeological Museum, the National Art Gallery, the collection of wax anatomical models "Clemente Susini and the Museo Civico d'Arte Orientale "Stefano Cardu.
- Museo Archeologico Nazionale - Set up at the Cittadella dei Musei, l is the most important museum in the world for civilization nuragica. Currently the museum is laid out on three floors: the lower you retrace the steps of the most ancient history of Sardinia, from us with pre altomedievale through exceptional archaeological finds: pottery and statuary small pre-nuragica, ingots of copper, bronze and nuragiche pottery, inscriptions, ceramics and trousseaux Phoenician tomb, stems (one of the most important collections in the world) and splendid jewels punic bill, like the famous Phoenician necklace in faiance (vitreous paste) composed of large pearls which have the central form of the bearded heads. Of particular interest are the origins of the necropolis of Nora and Tuvixeddu (objects punic production, or imported from Greece, Italy and Spain), the rich endowment of ceramics, pottery, Roman sarcophagi and statues, and gold coins of the Middle Ages. The other two floors of the museum rooms dedicated to hosting sites, such as the complex nuragico On Nuraxi Barumini.
- Pinacoteca Nazionale - Collect, along with a small section of contemporary art and sculpture, paintings, badges, vestments and a rich collection of paintings, in addition to a significant ethnographic collection (textiles, jewelry, furniture, weapons, ceramics). The heart of the collection consists of paintings by retables, large wooden structures decorated and painted you could find at the altars of the churches have kept the Catalan painter retables J. Figuera, R. Thomas, J. Mates, J. Barcelo. Also, you do not know the author, are attributed to the Master of Castelsardo and the Master of Sanluri. Another important group of paintings from the collection is from the works of painters of the so-called "School Stampace, which takes its name from the old neighborhood where for a century and half the shops were active members of the family of Peter Cavaro, initiator of the movement and its followers. Peter Cavaro are preserved: the "Deposition", "Saint Augustine", "St. Peter, St. Paul, St. Augustine in the Chair." In another group of valuable works are the "Flight in Egypt ", a panel of Flemish end of the sixteenth century. and a" Madonna and Child "by the Mannerist painter of the sixteenth century.
- Collection of anatomical waxes "Susini" - 23 exhibits of wax anatomical models, created by Florentine sculptor Clemente Susini. The models, made from plaster casts for anatomical findings, meticulously reproduced (with mixtures of colored wax, resin, tallow, pitch, and ointments) the different parts of the body human section.
- Museo Civico d'Arte Orientale Stefano Cardu - Exhibits good part of the collection of 1300 pieces donated to the municipality in 1917 by Stefano Cardu, a cagliaritano who lived at the court of King of Siam. Includes paintings on silk, gold and silver, ivory statues, porcelain and weapons from Siam, Laos, from Celebes, from Java, from Malacca, Singapore, China and dating mainly to the XI century.
Other museums of Cagliari
- Museum Capitolare - Keep the most important works of the Treasury of the Cathedral: amphorae, goblets, dishes cesellati, and a large cross in silver gilt fifteenth.
- Municipal Art Gallery - Contains the works of the most significant artists Sardi between the nineteenth and twentieth. He recently acquired the collection Ingrao, which includes over 650 works by Italian artists that belonged to its lawyer sardo. Among the names that make up the collection are: Angelo Inganni, who opened the exhibition with a beautiful portrait of Lady, the Futurists Balla, Depero, Severini and Umberto Boccioni, present with 31 works. Mario Sironi, Ardengo Soft, Filippo De Pisis, Giorgio Morandi and Ottone Rosai represent a return to the twentieth century avant-garde after the climate. Complete the framework Felice Casorati, Mario Mafai and switching expression of Mino Maccari.
- Cabinet Prints - Includes a number of nineteenth and photomechanical reproductions of etchings by artists of the twentieth sardi.
- Collection Pylons - in the atrium of the Palazzo Belgrano is located in the Collection and pears on arts and crafts given to Sardinian 'University in 1981 by Luigi Piloni comprises paintings, prints, lithographs, Etching, maps, silver and rugs produced between the sixteenth and the twentieth century, which are in reference to Sardinia their common denominator.
- Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography - In Porcelli, I'lstituto of Anthropological Sciences at the Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography, with costumes and items of folklore sardo.